Friday, January 23, 2009

It's been a while...

SADIE's first cold...
Sadie came home with us on Sunday from Houston and was exhausted and slept pretty well that night. The next morning, she sneezed (nothing abnormal), but then coughed a few times after that... That was different. She sneezed again about 5 minutes later, 4 times in a row, then had a major coughing attack...she couldn't catch her breath it seemed...and then she gasped for air. Scared me to death. I felt her little head, she was warm. So I took her temperature using the pacifier from American Red Cross, it came out as 99.8. I called her doctor, she said to just watch her and make sure she sleeps with a humidifier. If her temp gets above 100.4, to call her back. It never did. In fact, it went right back down to normal. Soo..... she still has a snotty nose, and coughs. And when she cries, you can hear her little raspy voice... so she's basically given herself a sore throat from coughing and crying. It's not been a fun week...
With THAT said, she hasn't really SHOWN that she's sick except for her sneezing and coughing. The crying only comes when she's sleepy... and doesn't want to take a nap. Here are a few pics of her at Meme's house this week (mommy was at a band rehearsal with her Godmommy for our concert coming up in March). She's sitting on my lap before we go home to daddy.

And this is with a cold!!!
Feelings about going back to work:
I can hardly write this without getting a lump in my throat... I am beside myself. I know she's in good hands. Her daycare "Nana" will take very good care of her... I'm not sure which feeling is worse: having to go back to work? or having to leave her to go back to work?
I know that my class won't give me much time to think about how much I miss her during the day... I called up to the school on Wednesday, 3 of my kids were in the office. I have a feeling they're thinking that I'm going to be the same ol' teacher I was when I was pregnant...HA! They have NO IDEA what they are in for... A sleep deprived mommy with less patience than I did before... but with no high blood pressure to worry about. They're going to hope and pray my sub comes back... from what I've heard, they've eaten her alive. Poor little things, they're gonna give me a hug, and I'll hug them back, but when it's time to learn...they're in for a ride!
Feelings about getting to get back up on stage and sing:
YEA!!!! February 1st is my first day back...I'm so excited to get back up there...it's been REALLY hard to sit in the congregation and sing. I have truly missed it, and the praise team, and the band... Can't wait.
On that note, OneWill is getting back into the swing of things as well... We have a concert coming up in March in honor of Melanie Goodwin. It's going to be amazing!
I will let you all know how things go next week... but don't expect it on Monday, I'll be too busy lovin' on my sweet baby!!!
Sorry it's been so long! I'm going to post some pics from the last couple of weeks. :)
First time in the bumbo...doing pretty well all by herself!
I got about 15 happy pics in a row this day, but this one was my favorite!
We read Curious George Makes Pancakes, she loves her Curious George!!
Mommy put gel in Sadie's hair... it held for a little, then became one huge bouffant after a while... oh well.
Another happy baby pic... I had to put this one on, too!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures! She is getting so big already! Gabby had that exact same bouffant when she was that age. It wasn't until about 8 months when it finally started growing straight down instead of straight up!

Ohhhh, I remember the agony of going back to work. I did find that it was WAAAAAYYY better than I thought it was going to be. It takes a little while to figure out the timing of everything, but once you get a system down, it goes pretty smoothly. And I was very surprised that I was actually enjoying myself at work, and not sad and miserable like I thought I would be. It was nice to be active and busy all day long, and at the end of the day, feel the excitement of being able to go pick up my sweet baby!