Sunday, October 5, 2008

Singing...

I sang my last special today for a long time. I have one more Sunday of Praise Team. And I'll get to sing with DeDe's band OneWill on Nov. 1 for Fall Festival. Super excited about that. I don't know how I'm going to be when I actually have to sit in the church seats with everyone else and sing from there... I always feel so ... well...like I'm missing out on a huge blessing. I LOVE to sing, and feel weird when I can't lead. I know the Praise Team will get along great without me, but I'll miss the rehearsals and all that stuff. I just love to sing for the Lord, and I'm so blessed to be able to birth His little miracle in 9 weeks. I'm just going to miss it all.

Yesterday morning, Craig and I drove to Waco to meet his dad and stepmom so they could give us our baby gifts that we didn't get to receive in Houston b/c of the hurricane. GREAT stuff!!! They were blown away at how much I had grown since July...big surprise. :)

Last night, we went to dinner with some very dear friends and asked them if they would be Sadie's Godparents. This was a VERY big deal for Craig, b/c of his Catholic/Italian upbringing and I thought it was a great idea. Jeff and DeDe Jones (our worship leader and her husband and two amazing people that we love so very, very much) will be GREAT Godparents and will love Sadie like she's their own.

2 showers coming up:
October 18th in Waxahachie - my old teacher buddies from years past.
October 25th in Trophy Club - DeDe's throwing me a shower for my family, Craig's family and our closest friends from church and around the area.
and in November, my 4th grade team will be throwing my school shower...

SO excited!

That's it for now! I'm off to write thank you notes!!! Picture coming this week!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadie is so blessed. Jill you are so very special. I could not ask for a better mother for my grandbaby. Love You, Mary.