Thursday, November 13, 2008

Good Dr. Appt...

Dr. said that I get a sonogram next week. Originally she said no more unless there are complications. But she's worried that Miss Sadie might be too big before Thanksgiving and doesn't want me to go into labor over Thanksgiving week and have to use whatever on call doctors are just there... So, she said if Baby is 8 lbs. or bigger (good gracious, I hope not), then she'll take her the next Monday. If below 7 1/2 lbs. she'll hold off until after Thanksgiving week.

My blood pressure was a little elevated, nothing huge. But it explains my GIGANTOR ankles and feet. I weighed something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime, but she said I'm carrying like 2 gallons of extra water weight around. So I felt a little better.

I thought I lost my mucus plug yesterday in the shower, she said maybe just a little bit of it, but not all. And no big deal if it does. Some people lose theirs up to 6 weeks ahead of time.

My cervix is really soft, and feels like I'm ready to start dilating. :)

Just thought I'd update you!!!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

sounds good!! i guess the race is on! who is gonna get here first?? julian or sadie? hopefully Sadie but the doc already told me that Julian is too big so he'll be coming even sooner than we thought. maybe right after thanksgiving. so let me know what you find out so we can schedule them on the same day :) check out my feet on my blog. crazy thing is that my blood pressure is perfect and i drink lots of water. but they are definitely stinging and burning because they are so tight. err!! well good luck the next coupel weeks.

Melissa said...

Good Luck!! But...I don't believe the weight they say with the sonograms. They told me Luke was over 8 lbs on my sono about 2 weeks before he was born (and did the same with my sister in law)...that is why the induction was scheduled. Luke didn't wait for the induction, but thankfully, he was only 6lbs 6oz(and so was my nephew!). Although, it could be right with you...cuz girl you were getting big last time I saw you! :) I can't wait for Sadie to get here. You will love motherhood...it is wonderful. And, I will pray that she will be a perfect baby like Luke!!