Monday, September 22, 2008

29 weeks - BIG baby Sadie!!

Baby Sadie is beginning to resemble an alien daily as she moves across my tummy. She's making it hard to sing and walk and get out of bed and walk and move...and walk... :)
We finally finished the border in the baby room, and Craig and I went to get our S-A-D-I-E letters and I've started painting them. We also found 3 piggy banks that match the room perfectly, 1 cow, 1 sheep, and 1 chicken! Isn't that random? Thought it was too good to be true. Her first banks! Car FUND!!! College FUND!!! and Wedding FUND!!! Oh MY!
I don't feel any bigger than I did last week, but I can tell by the sharp pains in my lower abdomen that I'm definitely stretching. I'm having a hard time thinking that in 11 or (hopefully less) weeks we will have a new baby in this house. So surreal and strange to think about it. We are so excited!!!

Your pregnancy: 29 weeks
See the big picture
How your baby's growing:Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments: