Monday, June 1, 2009

Sadie's 6 months old now AND cut her first tooth!!!

My big girl is growing up so fast! I couldn't believe it! While we were in the dr.'s office, I was asking him about her cutting teeth, how long it could take, etc. Just then, I felt in her mouth, and sure enough, there it was, as sharp as ever. She weighed 19 lbs 2.5 oz and was 26 1/2 in. long. He said she's about in the 90th percentile for her age. She's gonna be a big'n!! She handled her shots like a champ!
NOW - I think she's cutting another one. She didn't sleep too well last night. She woke up around 11:30 and cried for a good long while and couldn't get settled down. Her nose was really stopped up. I gave her decongestent drops (hated it!), put Orajel on her little gumes, checked her temp (nothing, 97.9), and gave her Tylenol. I rocked her to sleep in her carseat, and she slept the rest of the night like that. Nothing new there... she's only slept on her tummy in her crib for about a week. When she can't breathe, though, she doesn't sleep well. Who does? Can't blame her. Bless her little heart.
Today, as I walked into her daycare Nana's house, I could hear her screaming from the back patio... she was just kickin' and screamin'... Nana was changing her diaper, and couldn't get her pants back on... I picked her up, and she was better for about 2 seconds, but right back at it she went. She hadn't taken a nap since this morning...so she was EXHAUSTED and hurting, I'm sure.
She fell asleep in the car on the way home, thank goodness, but who knows how long she'll be out! I guess until she's hungry! She's been asleep for almost 45 minutes now... in her carseat. I can't wait to see what tonight shall bring....

No comments: