Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mom's first driving experience with the Doodle Bug

Today was kind of stressful, because I had to get Sadie and I ready to get HER screening done at Arlington Memorial and MY lab work done at my Dr. office. During my stay at the hospital, my blood work came back with a showing of Hep B. Didn't have it before the baby came, but then all of the sudden, it was there. They kept saying I was a "Non-confirmed Positive". Non-confirmed b/c all of my other lab work previously came back negative. Positive b/c it was in my blood stream. Of course, they gave her all she needed to vaccinate her against it.

Before we left, I had to get her Car seat Base in my car...that went well, thank goodness. She also ate 4 OZ. of milk!!! Good golly, she was hungry. She's only been eating 2 oz. every 2 hours. Now she's sleeping longer at night and eating more...yea!

Driving with her was a little easier than I had imagined. It helped that my mom sat in the back seat, prepared to give her whatever she may need. She did great!! We went to the hospital first, got her blood work done...she's not a fan of the heel pricking, and squeezing of her heel to get a whole lot of blood out...but she did really good. This was her 5th time to get her heel pricked for blood work.

We were only in there maybe 15 minutes, then off we went to Mommy's dr. She stayed in the car b/c the COOOLD wind was just blowing too hard. I'm so glad Mom was with me... The wind almost knocked me off the sidewalk, I can only imagine carrying her in her car seat...ick.
She was sacked out. I fed her, thinking she'd be starving. She only took an oz. She's still sacked out, but I have a feeling she'll wake up raring to go soon.

Mommy is tired, today, but I'm not sure why...I slept as much as she did last night. 10:30 to 11:50, 12:30 to 4:20, and 5:30 to 9. I don't have ANY trouble getting to sleep these days. If I could just teach her to push through those gas pains without screaming... we'd be GREAT! We're getting there.

No comments: