Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter and other amazing things!!

We had a GREAT Easter!!! We absolutely love when we get to go to Craig's Mimi's (Sadie's GREAT Mimi) house in South Texas. We went to a Fish Fry Friday night - YUMMY!!!!! Saw all the family and some friends. Of course, everyone doated over Sadie... She had a blast being the center of attention! She made herself a couple of boyfriends, too. Craig's cousin Kristin's boyfriend, Scott (that was a mouthfull) held her and loved on her, everytime he'd walk up, her attention went straight to him...hilarious.
The next day, we went to see an old friend of the family's, then got ready to go to Craig's aunt's side of her family (so his cousin's cousins house...). We had crawfish and shrimp galore, potatoes, onions, garlic, corn...gracious... a lot!!! We chased each other for an hour with confetti eggs...that was the craziest thing I've ever been a part of (I must not get out much...). It really was hilarious...everyone went crazy chasing everyone else with eggs in hand and silly string. Just nutty.
Sunday morning, we all got ready for church (we missed their 100th celebration by 1 more weekend...wish we could go). Again, everyone at church just went ga ga over Sadie...she just looked absolutely adorable. After church, I had her down in the living room floor - I had a feeling she may turn over - AND SHE DID!!! For the first time...it was awesome!!! I was way more excited than anyone else... oh well... she's been trying for a month now...it's about time!!
We left mid-afternoon to come home and got home around 7 ish. I fed her squash for the first time - SHE LOVES IT!!!! She's really getting good at opening her mouth and swallowing it. She used to just spit it out, but now she's really trying to get every last bit of it off of the spoon. She's such a big girl!
Yesterday, Sadie ran fever due to her teething. She couldn't stay at daycare, so she spent the day at Meme and Papah's... They're convinced she just wanted to see them, since her fever went away after I got her there. :)
Her teeth are not quite cutting through yet, but she tries to eat EVERYTHING! Especially her thumb, upside down...kind of funny to watch.
She also has started to mock me or "ape" me, as my mom calls it. I will slap my hands down on my lap, and then she will...it's a fun game we play! And so so so cute!
I think that's just about it... I'm sure I'll remember something later...
Here are some pics of this weekend!
holding her own bottle!!!

1 comment:

Lacy said...

i know you did NOT bring sadie to houston and not call me!! :(